Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
8/10 Ropemakers Lane, Charleston
Rare opportunity to own a unique property South of Broad. First time on the market in almost 25 years, this two home property features the original Carriage House to 68 Meeting Street (c.1800) as the main home and a separate building originally a Laboratory (c.1880) as the guest home. The main home of solid brick, is a two story, two bedroom, one and half bath home prized with antique cypress paneling from the Savannah River, and original wide planked heart pine flooring. The guest house of solid English brick is of noteworthy design in the ''Richardson Romanesque'' style and of fine construction including terra cotta tile detailing and Flemish bond brick work. The interior is a two story, one bedroom, one bath home with quaint living/dining and kitchen, floors and second story ceiling ofheart pine. The homes face each other across the Sheila Wertimer hard-scape designed gardens making the interior of this property a lovely private oasis complete with antique fountain added by the current owner. Alternatively the guest home could be used as an executive monthly rental (no less than 30 days) for those desiring income potential. This property is truly a gem awaiting it's new owner to embrace and enhance its history. Hanging lights in dining room and hall do not convey.
- MLS® #18028078
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage2,372
- Square Footage2372.00
- Year Built1800
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- StyleCottage, Carriage/Kitchen Hse
- AmenitiesCable Avail, Trash Pickup
- ParkingOff-st Prkng
- GaragesOff-st Prkng
- ExteriorSolid Brick, Stucco, Wood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesGutters, Iron Fence, Lawn Irriga., Other, Patio, Spcl Lights, Strg/outbldg, Brick Fence
- Lot Description0 - .5 Acre
- RoofSlate, Other
- FoundationCrawl Space, Slab
- Days on Website248
- Address8/10 Ropemakers Lane
- AreaPeninsula Chas. inside of crosstown
- SubdivisionSouth of Broad
- Zip Code29401
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Window Treatments - All, Garden Tub/Shower, Ceiling - Smooth
- HeatingElectric, Gas, Heat Pump
- FireplacesGas Logs, Living Rm, Two
- Stories2 Story
- Listing OfficeCarolina One Real Estate
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Alliance are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.