Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
26 Beachwood W, Isle of Palms
Not all beach homes are created equal, as this beautiful custom built fortress by the sea will testify. Dip your toes into the white sand of an uncrowded beach, a short 3 minute walk from your front door. Walk, bike or take your golf cart to the nearby shops, restaurants and pool, or head over for a game of golf or tennis at the nearby country and racquet clubs. This home was built at one of the highest elevations on the island using 2x6 construction, structural steel I-beams, Pella windows, storm shutters, a pier and beam foundation with concrete block supporting interior & exterior walls, cedar siding and an 18' base flood elevation. In addition to integrity, this home was built to entertain with wrap-around screened-in porches, an elevator, a grand formal living room bathed in naturallight with two-story vaulted ceilings, a wood-burning fireplace, formal dining room and a media room/library. The owner's suite is located on the main floor and features a large walk-in closet, private porch to enjoy the ocean breeze, and a separate study which could be used as a 4th bedroom. The owner's bath is spacious with a shower, jacuzzi tub, bidet and two separate water closets. The kitchen is a chef's delight with recently updated appliances including a gas range, low-decibel Bosch dishwasher, Thermador wall oven with warming drawer, and a Subzero refrigerator with cabinet overlay. The second floor is perfect for guests with two bedrooms, large walk-in closets, a Jack'n'Jill bathroom with a dual vanity, steam shower/sauna, and separate water closets. The home also features a four-car tandem garage with an outdoor shower for rinsing off after the beach, a freshly painted exterior, brand new water heater, 2018 HVAC, 2015 roof, whole house water filtration, elegant mature landscaping and a Zen Garden. This home is well cared for and has never been a rental. Downtown Charleston and the airport are approximately 30 minutes away. Wild Dunes is a walkable and bike-friendly community connected with miles of paved paths. Consider coming to see why Beachwood is one of the most desirable neighborhoods within all of Wild Dunes.
- MLS® #19017528
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage3,547
- Square Footage3547.00
- Year Built1989
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Detached
- AmenitiesCable Avail, Club House, Club Membership Available, Dock Facilities, Exercise Area, Gated Comm, Golf, Golf Membership Available, Neighborhood Pool, Play Park, Security Guard/Sys, Tennis Court, Trash Pickup, Walk Jog Trails, Bus Line, Hot Tubs
- Parking Spaces4
- ParkingAttached, Off-st Prkng, 4 Car Garage
- # of Garages4
- GaragesAttached, Off-st Prkng, 4 Car Garage
- PoolNeighborhood Pool
- ExteriorWood Siding, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesFull Fr Prch, Gutters, Lawn Irriga., Screen Porch, Therml Wn/dr, Work Shop, Wrap Rnd Por, Porch - Front Porch, Spcl Lights
- Lot DescriptionBeach Access, Corner, Wooded, 0 - .5 Acre, Cul-De-Sac
- FoundationElev Construction, Piling
- Days on Website69
- Address26 Beachwood W
- AreaWild Dunes
- CityIsle of Palms
- Zip Code29451
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Wall to Wall Carpet, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeilings - 9'+, Window Treatments - All, Ceiling - Cathedral/Vaulted, Kitchen Island, Walk-In Closets, Elevator, Skylight
- HeatingElectric, Heat Pump
- FireplacesLiving Rm, One, Wood Burning
- Stories2 Story
- ElementarySullivan's Island
- Listing OfficeKeller Williams Realty Charleston
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/MAX Alliance are marked with the Broker ReciprocitySM logo or the Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2019 Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.